Dec. 6, 2010 The Pauls’ Against Taxes Period — The Rand Paul and Ron Paul on tax hikes -they don’t want any taxes. How then will the country be run, with no regulations, no taxes and a laisse faire attitude until the whole system falls apart worse than it already is would be the result.
The approach of the Tea Party Paul and the republican independent Paul Senior are inconceivable with statements like this:
“You don’t have to get rid of all of the government. If you got rid of the income tax, you would still have enough revenues which were about equivalent to what we had in the year 2000.”
Unfortunately this theory doesn’t work in real life and the Congressional Budget Office has stated that total revenues for the feds is made up of 50 percent coming from individual income taxes, so they have the math wrong.
Total revenue being 1.1 trillion dollars and if you eliminate this amount, the federal government shrinks back to 15 years ago, and when you take into consideration what your dollar purchased then, the government would not be able to pay its way.
This would mean you would cut out unemployment insurance, health coverage through Medicare, and almost all the services the government performs.
The better solution is to cut military spending which accounts for almost 1 trillion dollars and stop nation building Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and other countries that the US is bribing with billions of dollars to prevent some terrorist group attacking America? They have not stopped, they will continue to attack until other solutions are attempted which do not include spending on the military. The only budget spending all Republicans agree on and pass readily is defense spending for two wars.
The radical parts of the Paul’s experimental theory of Americans living without income tax is idyllic but totally illogical. Although the Pauls’ have the support of tax evaders and those who do not wish to pay into society while reaping the financial rewards it is very unlikely they will sway too many voters.
Yet as we speak the Democrats are caving to more tax cuts for the rich 2 percent of the country and the Paul’s totally backing more tax cuts. The facts are clear that the less money the government receives in revenues, the less services it can provide for the other 98 percent. What you have here is a raping, groping and destroying of the safety nets that keep some alive in a jobless market and depressed economy.
Nice work guys but this would dismantle the country’s government structure and you might as well call for dismantling regulations, laws, taxes, structure, the states and any semblance of government. The safety nets would be gone for those who are unemployed, those who are disabled, the sick, the dying and it could be in your own family -unless your rich.
The Paul’s Living in a Dream State
The 2 percent of the rich holding most of the wealth don’t want to share it, they would rather the rest of the 98 percent (you and your family) be put on the street and die of hunger they really don’t care much either way.
The US would become more like a third world country than it already is, similar to Haiti where people are on the street and the wealthy classes hoarding their money for all the greed they can muster to accumulate more money.
Tags: The Pauls on Tax Cuts, The Pauls’ on No income tax, government revenues, money, taxes, taxes for the rich, US a Third World Country, the Paul’s Living in a Dream State, no taxes period, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, The Tea Party Wacky Tax Theory, no government, political views, political commentary.
Author: Jessica D. McCullough