The latest list of SOPA -PIPA Supporters of the bill that will censor the internet, claims ownership of the internet by the US Congress and is illegal, unlawful and a draconian measure to shut down websites that speak out against the government.
We are publishing the names to make the public aware of who is behind the two SOPA-PIPA bills who are also the same corporations that are funding the campaign coffers of the politicians in Congress.
A few companies have withdrawn their support who as of today have stopped their support of a fascist control by the US government of the global internet.
However, these companies who have withdrawn support have not come out against the bills as strongly as they did -in support of the bills prior to their withdrawal.
A campaign has begun against gaming video companies, Hollywood backers, major corporations from Nvidia, Sony, Disney where the boycott of their products will cost them more than a few overseas pirates.
The consumer of their products will not stand for internet censorship, nor will they stand for a government that allows the freedoms and rights of speech to be so severely restricted and violated.
This list was prepared by Lemar Smith a Republican from Texas who is one of the authors of the badly written and oppressive bill that threatens the very financial security of the internet.
The list is available on The Inquirer as a PDF Report you can Download.
The List of Corporations that Support SOPA- PIPA Acts Against a Free Internet
- 60 Plus Association ABC Actors’ Equity Association (AEA)
- Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies (ASOP)
- American Bankers Association (ABA)
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
- American Federation of Musicians (AFM)
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA)
- American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA)
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- Americans for Tax Reform Association of American Publishers (AAP)
- Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies
- Beachbody, LLC
- BMG Chrysalis
- Building and Construction Trades Department
- Capitol Records Nashville
- Cengage Learning
- Center for Individual Freedom CFIF
- Christian Music Trade Association
- Church Music Publishers’ Association
- Coalition Against Online Video Piracy (CAOVP)
- Concerned Women for America (CWA)
- Congressional Fire Services Institute
- Copyright Alliance
- Coty, Inc.
- Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB)
- Council of State Governments
- Country Music Association
- Country Music Television
- Creative America
- Deluxe Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO
- Directors Guild of America (DGA)
- Disney Publishing Worldwide, Inc.
- EMI Christian Music Group
- EMI Music Publishing Entertainment Software Association (ESA)
- Estee Lauder Companies
- Gospel Music Association
- Graphic Artists Guild
- Hachette Book Group
- HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide, Inc.
- Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada (IATSE)
- International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
- International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Union of Police Associations
- Let Freedom Ring
- Lost Highway Records
- Major County Sheriffs
- Major League Baseball
- Majority City Chiefs
- Marvel Entertainment, LLC
- MasterCard Worldwide
- MCA Records McGraw-Hill Education
- Mercury Nashville
- Minor League Baseball (MiLB)
- Minority Media & Telecom Council (MMTC)
- Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA)
- MPA – The Association of Magazine Media
- National Association of Fusion Center Directors
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- National Association of Prosecutor Coordinators
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers
- National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO)
- National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA)
- National Center for Victims of Crime National Criminal Justice Association
- National District Attorneys Association
- National Domestic Preparedness Coalition
- National Football League
- National Narcotics Officers’ Associations’ Coalition
- National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA)
- National Songwriters Association
- National Troopers Coalition
- News Corporation
- Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU)
- Pearson Education Penguin Group (USA), Inc.
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Provident Music Group
- Random House
- Republic Nashville
- Scholastic, Inc.
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG)
- Showdog Universal Music
- Simon & Schuster
- Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Sony Music Nashville
- State International Development Organization (SIDO)
- The Perseus Books Groups
- The United States Conference of Mayors Tiffany & Co.
- Time Warner
- True Religion Brand Jeans
- Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)
- UMG Publishing Group Nashville
- United States Chamber of Commerce United States
- Olympic Committee
- United States Tennis Association
- Universal Music
- Universal Music Publishing Group
- Visa Inc.
- W.W. Norton & Company
- Wallace Bajjali Development Partners, L.P.
- Warner Music Group
- Warner Music Nashville
- Wolters Kluewer Health
- Word Entertainment
- Zumba Fitness, LLC
As you can see these are multiple listings of the same companies in the entertainment, cosmetics, sports, christian associations that are all funding Republican candidates and causes.
The list can be broken down into industries who claim their products are being “stolen by pirates”.
What pirate in their right mind would download christian music?
Whether these companies have been prompted to sign the list of supporters by the republicans is not clear but we can assume that is the case.
If any of these companies are ones that you frequently purchase their products, consider that they are attempting to take away your Constitutional rights to free speech.
These bills are not about “piracy”, they are a veiled disguise of the oppressive tactics taken by China in banning open and free speech on a global tool for communications.
The major networks like CBS, Disney, Sony and the like also are responsible for “free downloads” of the software used to pirate music, videos and content and they are responsible for the piracy, by a Supreme Court ruling. The ruling came in 2005 and stated that CBS, Disney, CNET, can all be held legally responsible themselves for:
“that software companies can be held liable for copyright infringement when individuals use their technology to download songs and movies illegally.” Quoted from a CNN Report on Money dated June 27, 2005
The internet “does not belong to the United States” nor does the United States have the jurisdiction to proclaim themselves owners of the global communication system.
These are two legal points that automatically make these bills – Null and Void.
This bill is not about piracy, it is about the Republican party, who used their campaign donors to restrict the internet, restrict websites that harm their political agenda, and used a few lame Democrats to go along with it.
The Non-Supporters of SOPA- PIPA
Notice who is missing from the list of supporters?
The Internet Industry.
The internet industry consists of the mega search engines; Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL and countless major parties that provide jobs for the economy in massive ways.
The missing parties are major social sites like: Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Digg, Tumblr, Google +1, and countless social media sites that provide the exchange of information and education.
The other missing parties are : WordPress who have 60 million users and who’s website platform represents the largest in the world.
These major internet players have all expressed their disapproval of both bills and have stated so publically.
Then the most important party is YOU. The Public. The same public that has no voice in this step back to the dark ages of cutting off information to keep people in the dark.
You the public have no voice at the table even though many, many people have been totally shocked at what power Congress will have in taking over the global internet under the excuse of a few off shore pirates.
The major Hollywood backers want the rest of these companies to “monitor, police and control” the internet looking for pirates!! How absurd is this?
This means that under government law, the main objective of Google, Twitter and Facebook is to monitor the mammoth amount of traffic to their business – for a few lame pirates.
The premise that we must all “protect” Hollywood products, or for a christian music company or CBS’s intellectual property will place a heavy financial toll on the economy.
We also noted that the President has issued a White House statement yesterday regarding SOPA / PIPA bills and gave several reasons why he is not supporting the bills:
” While we believe that online piracy by foreign websites is a serious problem that requires a serious legislative response, we will not support legislation that reduces freedom of expression, increases cybersecurity risk, or undermines the dynamic, innovative global Internet.”
“Any effort to combat online piracy must guard against the risk of online censorship of lawful activity and must not inhibit innovation by our dynamic businesses large and small. Across the globe, the openness of the Internet is increasingly central to innovation in business, government, and society and it must be protected. To minimize this risk, new legislation must be narrowly targeted only at sites beyond the reach of current U.S. law, cover activity clearly prohibited under existing U.S. laws, and be effectively tailored, with strong due process and focused on criminal activity. Any provision covering Internet intermediaries such as online advertising networks, payment processors, or search engines must be transparent and designed to prevent overly broad private rights of action that could encourage unjustified litigation that could discourage startup businesses and innovative firms from growing.” end quote.
You can read more of the President’s Statements HERE
Godaddy has already felt the sting of a nation wide boycott of their products with clients moving their business elsewhere.
More boycotts are planned if the bills go through causing a major economic loss for all these companies concerned. These corporations have billions of dollars of your money to police their own products, and secure their products against piracy. It is not the job of the government to “police” the private sector – to become monitors for capitalist companies who are profit based”.
As of January 3rd, 2012 the names on this list are dropping rapidly but none of them have come out in opposition to SOPA/PIPA from the list.
Unfortunately they cannot get away with their supporting the bill and just removing their names. They must come out vocally, clearly and loudly before Jan 24th reading of the bills to oppose such legislation or continue to face swift reprisals.